Milan has become a very popular destination recently, with very affordable flights and decent and relatively inexpensive accommodation. Apart from visiting the city with its classic sights, to understand the Mediterranean lifestyle, there are a few activities worth doing:
- Play bocciofila, a game similar to the one in France called petanque. It plays with large and heavy balls that are thrown towards a target placed a few yards ahead. You will surely notice people playing in the parks.
- Visit Santa Maria alla Fontana church which has a heling spring, rumor has it.
- Go to Ponta di Genova and admire the panorama.
- Try local pastries. In Italian it is called pasticeria. Simple, right? Pasticceria Panarello (Piazza S.Nazaro in Brolo, 20122 Milan) is one of the best.
- Visit the Navigli neighborhood. You can find some fine places where one can eat polenta in many ways, for example Luca e Andrea Cafe-Bar (Alzaia Naviglio Grande 34,) or El Bechee (Via Gaudenzio Ferrari | Angolo Corso Genova 25).Fotos: Wikipedia, Internet, Zenoa.